Sunday, November 17, 2019 - RMU
- 12u & 14u 6:00 PM
- 16u & 18u 7:00 PM
ONLY NEW Players to Bulldawgz please fill out forms and hand them in at tryouts:
• Registration Form
• Code of Conduct Form
• Consent to Treat Form
Here is what you can expect at tryouts:
Tryouts take place annually for all players, whether they are new to the organization or have played on our teams for several years. Our objective is to use the tryout process to identify the skill level of each player and place them on a team with players of similar skills. We want this experience for the kids to be positive and aim to put them at a level where they can learn, gain confidence and succeed. If they are placed at the wrong level, it can become frustrating not only for the kids, but the parents as well.
Generally speaking, we try to form a team of 8-10 skaters, plus a goalie. A couple things to keep in mind about that process:
• Our primary objective is to place kids on the right team for them, according to their skill level. The Committee consists of coaches and evaluators who have several years of experience in NAYRHL / PIRHL and will do their best to identify those groups of players with A, AA and AAA talent. We have also asked some coaches outside of our organization to help provide an added independent evaluation voice to the process.
• Returning players who may have played on a particular team or with friends in the previous year are not guaranteed to play on that same team or with those same friends this year.
• We will look to form teams based on the best available talent that we have and incorporate any direction on team composition. Our first priority is to form teams with our strongest talent, and fill out second, third, fourth, etc., teams as necessary. In the unlikely event that NAYRHL asks us to evenly distribute talent among our teams to assist with competitive balance within the league, we will do so.
The tryouts are over. What’s next?
The Bulldawgz will work to slot players according to their talent level and determine the number of teams we can form. It is not our objective to turn anyone away or “cut” someone from making a team. However, due to current NAYRHL rules, we cannot form a team with less than 8 skaters and a goalie. If we have enough skaters, a goalie, and a coach, we will put together a team. In the unfortunate circumstance that we do not have enough kids to form a team, we will talk to the parents and discuss options to recruit more kids to staff a full team. Our objective is to grow the love for the sport of inline hockey and we will do our best to work with you to find a place for your child to continue playing if we are unable to roster a full team.
A couple key dates to keep in mind:
• December 10: The Bulldawgz Coach or Team Manager will contact you via email to extend an offer to play on a team in the upcoming season and will provide payment instructions at that time.
• December 31: A $250 non-refundable commitment fee is required to reserve your child’s spot for the season. This commitment fee will be applied towards the full season league fees.
• February 1: The balance of the participation fee must be paid in full for your child(ren) to participate in the upcoming season. Total participation fees are $425 for NEW PLAYERS, $375 for RETURNING PLAYERS. For families with multiple children participating, or one child playing on more than one team, see our FAQ page.
- Checks made payable to: Bulldawgz
- Please mail all checks to:
|c/o Keith Thurston|
|3484 Myrna Dr|
|Pittsburgh, PA 15241|
An additional note on uniforms:
Current NAYRHL rules require all players to have matching home and away jerseys and matching pants. Jersey prices last year were $75 each, or $150 for the pair, the cost for pants was $75. Please keep in mind that any uniform costs must be paid in full, up-front before ordering. We will contact you to obtain sizing information and place orders once we have rosters finalized.
Used equipment and uniforms:
Yes, kids grow – and they grow fast. If you have an interest in selling or purchasing used equipment or uniforms, please contact Mike Smith at (412) 720-6962. It’s a great way to save money!!